Back-end developer APPLY NOW
Do you get excited by the thought of working with a results-oriented, hands-on team to get the ground-breaking Speaksee product in the hands of thousands of people soon? Read on!
Speaksee has built a unique live captioning device for the Deaf and hard-of-hearing which enables users to be included in any conversation at all times!
This is inspired by co-founder Jari’s parents being Deaf. For over 120 million people who're severely hard-of-hearing or Deaf, daily communication is a struggle.
Presently available speech recognition solutions don’t work well for group conversations or when there is noise. Speaksee is the first to be able to accurately live transcribe a group conversation while showing each person in a different color.
The Speaksee team is very dedicated to their mission, which can also be noticed by the fact that Speaksee has a 0% employee turnover since the start of the company in 2017.
We are looking for our second back-end software engineer who is highly motivated to grow as an engineer.
Your daily work consists of developing features to strengthen our back-end platform and add value for our users by striving for highest accuracy transcripts and lowest latency processes.
We like to satisfy our customer as much as possible by delivering good quality products, which is why we always expect our engineers to deliver high quality, clean code architecture.
When joining a start-up like Speaksee, you get the freedom to be your unique self, propose and implement out-of-the-box solutions, and create new designs hands-on. This because despite of the pressures that are part of working for a start-up, we always take the time to listen to our engineers with heart and intent in order to jointly achieve the best outcome.
- Very comfortable with (back-end) programming in multiple languages (of which 1 is a typical back-end language). Programming experience in Golang (which we use) is a plus.
- At least 2 years of programming experience.
- Has experience / affinity with doing both Dev side as well as Ops side in backend.
- Has understanding of Docker, Loadbalancing, and High Availability.
- Has experience / affinity with microservices and microservice architecture, asynchronous communication, databases.
- Experience with Linux.
- Available for 32-40 hours a week.
- Excellent communication skills (English or Dutch).
- Meticulous, clean, structured way of working.
- Good-to-haves (bonus traits):
- Experience with RealTime databases (Firestore)
- Pipelines and continuous integration / delivery
- Experience with setting up a backend in the cloud
- An understanding of Kubernetes, or alternatives.
- Experience with API integration
- You are a full stack engineer (also comfortable with front-end)
- Experience with UDP, encryption and secure communication
- Amazon AWS experience
- Experience with speech-to-text and audio signal processing
What’s in it for you
- Be part of the creation of the DNA of a company which is getting ready for rapid growth.
- Competitive salary.
- When applicable: the opportunity to grow into leadership positions as Speaksee grows the coming years.
- Work with a result-driven and highly motivated team that finds meaning in improving the living conditions of others.
- Create a product that will be used by tens of thousands of people.
- Working hybrid.
We would love to hear from you.|||Rotterdam, Netherlands|||||||||to8incd2G0yJgLrV|||FULL_TIME|||EUR|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false