Front-End Developer APPLY NOW
What if you could use your qualities to truly help a great number of people? Speaksee aims to make conversations accessible for the more than 120 million deaf and severely hard of hearing people worldwide.
Co-founder Jari Hazelebach's parents are deaf and he observed how difficult it was for them to follow conversations. This inspired the Speaksee team and him to develop the unique Speaksee Microphone Kit solution.
Speaksee is the world's first system of microphones that accurately transcribes speech into text during group conversations. Within one second, using AI-powered speech recognition technology. In a different color for each speaker. Even in situations with background noise.
Speaksee and the team have been awarded by Forbes 30 Under 30, CIO Magazine and the Good Australian Design Award among other prizes.
After a period of rigorous development and testing the Speaksee product is ready to go to market, scale-up and expand the product MVP with critical value adding features this year. Are you ready to join the mission?
We are looking for a front-end software engineer who is highly motivated.
Your daily work consists of developing features to strengthen our front-end platform, including iOS and Android mobile applications, and our web-application.
We like to satisfy our customer as much as possible by delivering good quality products, which is why we always expect our engineers to deliver high quality, clean code architecture. We also think it’s critically important to offer a simple user experience and always emphasize with the end user.
When joining a start-up like Speaksee, you get the freedom to be your unique self, propose and implement out-of-the-box solutions, and create new designs hands-on. This because despite of the pressures that are part of working for a scale-up, we always take the time to listen to our engineers with heart and intent in order to jointly achieve the best outcome.
- You are enthusiastic, eager to learn and intrinsically motivated
- You can show and explain at least several interesting projects that you’ve worked on
- You don’t have a 9 to 5 mentality and are somebody willing to go the extra mile and take full responsibility for your results
- You have at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Available for 32-40 hours per week
- Excellent communication skills (English and/or Dutch)
- Meticulous, clean, structured way of working
Must have skills:
- Design knowledge
- Good in CSS
Nice to have skills (you will learn on the job if you do not have these skills):
- Frameworks (preferably Angular, Ionic)
- Bluetooth protocol
- Git / Gitlab
- Pipelines and continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Android / iOS app development
- Rest API design
- Back-end skills
What’s in it for you
- Work with a highly motivated team that finds meaning in improving the living conditions of others.
- Be part of the creation of the DNA of a company which is ready for rapid growth.
- Competitive salary and the opportunity to get stock options
- When desired: the opportunity to grow into leadership positions as Speaksee grows the coming years.
- Create a product that will be used by tens of thousands of people.
- Work hybrid: 1-2 days at office, 3 days at home (unless the government advises differently).
We would love to hear from you.